In the first edition of the report, we explore the consumer banking landscape in Uganda. This includes information on banking penetration, services used as well as data regarding lending and domestic and international transfers.
The analyses provided are derived from field data collected by our own proprietary field staff from an ample sample (N=990) during the July 2013 in the main urban areas of Uganda.
Professionals will use this publication to
- Have an overview of the consumer banking sector in Uganda
- Understand the different banking products penetration in the market
- Market share’s of the different players
- Explore the market for remittances, lending, savings and payments
- Geographic scope, demographics and methodology
- Banking penetration and market share
- Money transfers
- Payment habits
- Savings behavior
- Mobile payments
You may also like…
Mapping the retailing industry across Africa by sizing the number and selling space of grocery and non-grocery outlets. Both modern and traditional units are included from stores to kiosks and traditional market stalls and table-tops. The database offers visibility on the total figures as well as the share of modern versus traditional outlets.
Consumer Banking Uganda (Full report – Pdf)