- 14th October 2013
- Posted by: Julien Garcier
- Categories: Egypt, Consumer, Ghana, Angola, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
Our Consumer Profiles series cover all large cities across the African continent with a dedicated report for each city.
Each report provides a detailed description of the consumption behavior of households across the different income brackets, as well as key demographic data across the city (or urban areas). It offers statistics and analyses on key topics including income and expenditures, equipment ownership and assets, savings and financial services, shopping behaviors / channel visited, mobile, Internet and TV behaviors,…
The report probes the lifestyle of the different income bracket households in the city and delivers essential insight into the consumption and ownership trends and differences between Socio-Economic Classifications (SEC).
The analyses in each report are derived from field data collected by our own proprietary field staff in each country from an ample sample during the second and the third quarter of 2013.
Key elements available in each report
- Breakdown of city population by income bracket
- Average income of households, including spending, saving and give-away behavior
- Penetration of banking and insurance products by income bracket
- Ownership trends of durable assets and household goods
- Preferred retail channel used by product category
- Behaviors of mobile and internet usage, and TV access
Professionals will use these reports
- To formulate strategies to expand in Africa and to understand the composition of the urban population and its different lifestyles
- To understand how to enter a specific market and how to position their products or services
- To assess the different available channels to enter the market
- To calculate the size of market and its potential for growth
List of available cities