- 14th October 2013
- Posted by: Julien Garcier
- Category: Consumer, Tanzania
This report is part of our Consumer Profiles series covering all large cities across the African continent.
It provides a detailed description of the consumption behavior of households in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, across the different income brackets, as well as key demographic data. It offers statistics and analyses on key topics including income and expenditures, equipment ownership and assets, savings and financial services, shopping behaviors / channel visited, mobile, Internet and TV behaviors,…
The report probes the lifestyle of the different income bracket households in Dar es Salaam and delivers essential insight into the consumption and ownership trends and differences between Socio-Economic Classifications (SEC).
The analyses in this publication are derived from field data collected by our own proprietary field staff from an ample sample (N=1,050) during the third quarter of 2013 in the city of Dar es Salaam.
Key elements available in this publication
- Breakdown of Dar es Salaam population by income bracket
- Average income of households, including spending, saving and give-away behavior
- Penetration of banking and insurance products by income bracket
- Ownership trends of durable assets and household goods
- Preferred retail channel used by product category
- Behaviors of mobile and internet usage, and TV access
Professionals will use this publication
- To formulate strategies to expand in Tanzania and to understand the composition of the urban population and its different lifestyles
- To understand how to enter the Tanzanian market and how to position their products or services
- To assess the different available channels to enter the market
- To calculate the size of market and its potential for growth
Table of contents
- PDF document
- 42 pages