- 29th March 2013
- Posted by: Julien Garcier
- Category: Egypt
Sagaci Research has released a report on the Egyptian e-commerce sector, estimating its revenues at 76 million US dollars by the end of 2012 and with potential to grow 10 fold in the next years.
The report aims at shedding new light into a sector where information is sparse. Our analysts have interviewed personally the main market players, conducted surveys to consumers to understand their preferences and reviewed the main online offers in the country vs their offline alternatives.
The market report “e-commerce in Egypt: An on-going race to the top”, published on March 29th, includes the following elements:
- Estimates the revenues of e-commerce in Egypt and its growth potential for the next 4 years
- Profile of players operating in the market
- Ranking of largest players by revenue
- Category sales forecast until 2016 (for the main products and service categories)
- E-commerce infrastructure, focusing on payment gateways and logistics availability and pricing in the country
- Profiles the consumer of e-commerce and its preferences
- Sales potential outside of Cairo and Alexandria, identifying the most attractive centers for online shopping
- Product pricing and range online vs offline
Download here the product brochure
Sagaci Research is an international market intelligence company focusing on Africa. The company has been established in 2012 by former BCG employees and has conducted studies and published reports on various sectors including retail, real estate, consumer lifestyles, and travel and tourism in the African continent. Sagaci Research provides reliable data and intelligence on African sectors and economies for a large portfolio of international and local clients.
For more information on Sagaci Research please visit www.sagaciresearch.com